The Mustafa Center Funeral Chapel
Our goal is to build a state-of-the-art funeral chapel that is compliant with Sharia based Islamic traditions to provide supportive services to our growing Muslim communities. The funeral chapel will be located across from the Mustafa Center at 6839 Braddock Rd., Annandale, VA.
- Modern Cooling Facilities with ample accommodation for 10 bodies (Mayyet) at a time.
- Comfortable visitation lounges, offices, waiting hall, conference room, prayer hall, a spacious parking lot and other facilities.
- Separate male and female washing facilities in the chapel.
- The funeral chapel will provide most of the services performed by traditional funeral homes, such as counseling services to immediate family members of the deceased persons, washing deceased bodies and wrapping the body with Islamic-compliant white shroud generally known as Kafan.
- Assistance in obtaining death certificate and other pertinent services such as obituaries, funeral prayer, memorial services etc.
- Depending on clients’ wishes, the chapel will coordinate with cemeteries for gravesite arrangements which is priced separately.
- Assurance that your loved ones are provided with utmost care in a Islamic environment.
Fulfilling a Need
For years, Northern Virginia which is home to more than 300,000 Muslims has lacked a standard and well-equipped funeral chapel for its Muslim inhabitants. In recent years, many mosques and houses of worship have been built by various Muslim communities in Northern Virginia; unfortunately the construction of a funeral chapel has largely been neglected in the region.
Accomplishments & Next Steps
The total estimated cost of the project is $2,250,000. Currently, we’ve raised $750,000 with the help of the community which was used to purchase the land and pay for technical design, site development and Fairfax County fees. We are therefore reaching out to our Muslim brothers and sisters, supporters and friends to help us secure an additional $1.5 million in funding to reach our target and complete the building project.
Our Appeal for Support
We passionately call upon our supporters to generously contribute to this important cause. Every dollar that you spend on this project will be considered a continuous reward (Sadaqah Jariah) to you and your family. As we all wish to live a dignified life in this world, let’s prepare for a dignified death in our final journey toward our Lord, Allah The Almighty.